[Inspired by The AU Exchange.]
I think everyone likes to feel like an active participant in a fandom. Whether you make gifs, fanart, or write fanfiction, being a part of something makes you feel special. (Shameless Glee quote.) Why not create a gift for a fellow Johnlocker, and possibly make a friend along the way?
I present to you JOHNLOCKGIFTS. This will be very similar to Exchangelock, except this won’t be held to just AU’s.
Through a survey, you will request the kind of fanart/fanfic you would like and what you’d be willing to do in return. We will take this information and pair you with another tumblr user, giving you exactly one month to complete your assignment. Anonymity is part of the fun, but don’t worry; you’ll be given your partner’s URL to contact them (preferably anonymously) if you have any questions for them.
Interested? Great! Here’s how you can participate:
- TAKE THIS SHORT SURVEY. Only fourteen questions long, this survey will be what helps us pair you up with a gift-giver. Please be honest and thoughtful; besides the actual gift making itself, this is the most crucial part of the process! :)
- FOLLOW THIS BLOG. While not necessary, it will help you keep up with updates and information on the exchange! I also added some pages with tips for writing, drawing/editing, and concentrating, so feel free to check those out as well.
- REBLOG THIS POST. This is necessary. I will check!
- ON JULY 1ST, THE SURVEY WILL CLOSE. So if you want to participate, you have a week from today to sign up.
- FROM JULY 1ST-3RD, YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR GIFTEE INFORMATION & ASSIGNMENT. If you don’t, please contact us and we’ll see what went wrong.
- JULY 17TH YOU WILL HAVE A MANDATORY CHECK-IN TO SEE HOW YOU’RE PROGRESSING. It’s not necessary to have even started the gift at this point (although it is highly recommended). We simply need to ensure everyone knows time is halfway up!
- JULY 31ST IS THE DEADLINE. Post your gifts and receive yours! This is by far the most exciting part of the project! :)
You will be essentially given the entire month of July to work on your gift. Please remember that your gift doesn’t have to be a novel or entire comic book; while major creativity, individuality, thoughtfulness and determination is encouraged, we don’t want anyone to feel as though this is more baggage to be put into their lives. This is simply a fun, rewarding exchange. It’s a way for you to express your talents and love for Johnlock to others.
I can’t wait to see who all is interested! Stay tuned.
TUMBLR, MY FORMER HIGH SCHOOL & I NEED YOUR HELP. BADLY.
The band/chorus director at my old school recently got fired because he’s getting married to his male partner this summer. He never hid from the faculty that he was gay, and had been welcome for four years without any hesitation. Suddenly, something has changed. It’s the talk of the town, but we need more help. Just because it’s a Catholic school doesn’t mean that they can’t accept someone who completely transformed the arts program. Not only are they eliminating all the progress he made in the short time he was at the school, but they are also taking away any progress that could be made in the future. We need help.
Need proof this is real? Here’s the news article covering it. Please reblog and share with as many people as possible. I have 1.3k followers, and if each and every one of you liked the page, we could change this man’s future. Thanks for your time.
Hey guys - this is a reminder that I’m rarely on this blog anymore. I haven’t abandoned it entirely, but I’ve gone a month or so without posting on here.
I’ve switched over to a band blog, mostnightsistayup. You can catch me there if you wanna talk :)
favorite people → darren criss: “I remember seeing ‘Aladdin’ when I was five or six and loving it. I looked at the big screen and said to my mum, ‘Whatever this Genie guy does, I want to do.’ Mum said I couldn’t be a genie, but that Robin Williams, who did the voice-over in the film, was an actor. So I said, ‘OK, then, I want to be an actor.’”
SO I’M SITTING WITH MY CRUSH, DOING MY HOMEWORK AT STARBUCKS WITH HIM (which is a blog I’ve been keeping to explain my experiences for this one class) WHEN HE GETS UP AND SAYS HE’S HEADING TO A FRIENDS HOUSE. I SAY GOODBYE AND HE JUST GOES "Aren’t you coming?" AND I SAY "Well.." AND BEFORE I CAN SAY ANYTHING ELSE HE GIVES ME A GOOFY SMILE AND SAYS:
"I’d be lost without my blogger"
GUYS STOP REBLOGGING THIS. HE HAS A TUMBLR.
Extra Deleted Klaine Scene from Season 2 - The Sue Sylvester Shuffle!
Thanks for funding ANOTHER SCHOOL for YSF :)
BLAINE: “This is a once in a lifetime thing for your friends, you should be there to cheer them on. Which is why I got you tickets. I got us tickets, actually, just in case you felt you needed a bodyguard.” (x)
I made these shorts myself to celebrate FOB’s one year, and I’m surprisingly very proud of them! I’ve been contemplating making an Etsy and selling some fandom-related apparel, and was just wondering if any of you would even be interested in buying a pair of these! If I get a lot of feedback I just might make some to sell online!